Affiliate Terms & Conditions
This agreement is designed with you in mind, as well as to protect HowJoyful and our customers.
We allow anyone with a social following, blog or other other ways to share projects and products to join our program.
In order to qualify for our program you must have purchased a product from us BEFORE applying, and use the same account (email address) you used for your purchase to apply.
Please note that the review process may take a few days – as we do the curating manually, we know you are eager to join, so we appreciate your patience!
If you’re approved, you can do a little happy dance! or not – BUT we will do one anyways for having you as one of our affiliates! so don’t be shy and dace with us!
You’ll be given a unique referral ID that you can use to promote the HowJoyful Products via referral links.
Commissions and payouts
You’ll earn a sweet 25% to 20% commission when a customer purchases using your exclusive referral link.
We offer a 20% commission on courses and 25% commission in all other digital files (fonts, SVG files, brushes, workbooks and planners)
We pay our affiliate commissions in USD via PayPal in the first week of every month. As we have a 30-day money-back guarantee for our courses, we only pay commissions that are older than 30 days.
There is no minimum payout, so even if you refer only one sale, you will get paid for it after on the next paid period. And there’s no maximum payout balance, yay!
You must have purchased a product from us before becoming an affiliate.
Depending on how much you earn in a taxable year, we might need additional information from you to issue tax related papers. (I know! Boring, but very necessary stuff)
Referral cookie lifetime
When a potential customer clicks on your referral link, a cookie is stored in their browser to track your referral. The cookie is then stored for a generous 365 days. Any orders that the costumer makes in that timeframe will be awarded to you and you will receive a commission for it.
IMPORTANT: A referral won’t be awarded if:
- The customer uses a different browser to purchase than the one they originally used to visit our site (because the cookie does not exist in that browser)
- The customer purchases after 1 year.(because the cookie will expire).
In 2009, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revised their guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials in order to protect the public from any intentionally errant or misleading advertising that has been paid for by a group or company.
Because of this, it is required that when promoting the HowJoyful Studio you disclose your affiliation by adding a disclosure notice before the affiliate link is presented in your blog or website or by placing the hashtag #ad on your social media post.
Referrals older than 30 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $50.00 or over). If a course purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection.
Here are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- If you apply to become an affiliate and you have not purchased any of our products in the past you might be rejected as we think that to recommend the HowJoyful products you should have tried them first.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by HowJoyful will be rejected.
Allowed and encouraged promotional methods
How you promote the files at HowJoyful studio is reflected in the commission you earn!
We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value to HowJoyful Studio and bring us legitimate, loyal customers.
We love it when bloggers and creatives share about their experiences making projects with our SVG files, learning using our worksheets or courses, or get more organized with our printables.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell your readers, followers, or friends about HowJoyful Studio, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about crafts they can make with our SVG files, Wedding Invitations they can make with our fonts, how they can learn calligraphy and lettering with our worksheets and booklets or courses.
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your Instagram followers about our products with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited promotional methods
We love and take pride in our products, because of this we are very careful with how they are promoted, so we want affiliates who are 100% behind us too!
The prohibited promotional methods listed below aren’t meant to scare you off – they’re here to protect you, and us, and our customers from any freaky or fraudulent activity, which is something we take pretty seriously.
We know you’ll understand. But here they are in writing just in case you’re not totally sure what is and what isn’t allowed.
- HowJoyful Studio may not be promoted on coupon sites Customers who are searching for a coupon are already in the market for HowJoyful Studio, so this method adds no value to us.
- Paid advertising using your affiliate link is prohibited
Buying ads through services like Google AdWords, social ads, or retargeting ads and using our brand keywords and your affiliate link will result in affiliate account deactivation.
- Any type of spam is prohibited Links, ads, emails, comments… any type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote HowJoyful Studio.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed and encouraged promotional methods!
- Promotion without disclosure We take the recommendations from the FTC very seriously, promotion without the proper disclosure can result in the termination of our affiliate relationship. Please read the section about disclosure above.
- False promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by HowJoyful Studio is prohibited (and very uncool).
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please contact us and ask directly.
Consequences of inappropriate promotion
If your promotional methods step outside these terms, your referrals may be rejected, and we may disable your affiliate account. We reserve the right to do this and may or may not notify you in the instance that this occurs. Please only use allowed promotional methods.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, and the promotion of illegal drugs.
Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Very important stuff
By accepting these terms and conditions you are providing your nonlegal agreement to abide by them.
By registering and being approved as an affiliate in our affiliate program you agree that your commissions are subject to approval before they are accepted and subsequently paid.
The affiliate relationship does not represent a professional or formal agreement, and as an affiliate you are NOT an employee of HowJoyful, LLC.
You agree that this is not a legally binding relationship and as a result may not take legal action against HowJoyful, LLC.
These affiliate terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.